- Mainly for folic acid antagonists (such as methotrexate, pyrimethamine, benzyl cefalexin and trimethoprim) antidote, it's usually used for prevention of methotrexate dose or overdose treatment caused severe toxic effects.
- Folic acid treatment of the following diseases, such as inflammatory diarrhea and protein-energy malnutrition (poor nutrition), pregnancy or infancy megaloblastic anemia caused by poor.
- As adjuvant therapy for colon cancer, rectal cancer.
- Combined with 5-FU and treatment of digestive tract tumors or other 5-FU-sensitive tumors. High-dose CF used in conjunction with 5-FU (LF), the basic programme is currently the treatment of colon and rectal cancer.
- For children with leukemia, lymphoma, and osteosarcoma, such as high dose MTX treatment when rescued.
|Folic Acid Supplement
Folic acid is the man-made form of folate. Folate is a B-vitamin naturally found in some foods. It is needed to form healthy cells, especially red blood cells. Folic acid supplements may come in different forms (such as L-methylfolate, levomefolate, methyltetrahydrofolate). They are used to treat or prevent low folate levels. Low folate levels can lead to certain types of anemia. Conditions that can cause low folate levels include poor diet, pregnancy, alcoholism, liver disease, certain stomach/intestinal problems, kidney dialysis, among others. Women of childbearing age should receive adequate amounts of folic acid either through their diet or supplements to prevent infant spinal cord birth defects. The calcium salt of Levomefolate calcium which belongs to the group of folate vitamins (Vitamin B9, Folacin). It is a coenzymated form of folic acid and a more bioavailable alternative in dietary supplements.
||Calcium L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF-Ca) is a synthetic derivative of folic acid, the predominant, naturally occurring form of folate. L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate, also known as levomefolic acid, is the primary biologically active form of folate. It is involved in many important in vivo process including DNAreproduction, the cysteine cycle and the regulation of homocysteine. It is also the form found in circulation and transported across membranes into tissues and across the blood-brain barrier. It can be used for the treatment of major depressive disorder, cardiovascular disease and cancer. It can be used for the treatment of hyperhomocysteinemia regularly found in hemodialysis patients.
||Off-White to Pale Yellow Solid
||The calcium salt of L-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid which belongs to the group of folate vitamins (Vitamin B9, Folacin). It is a coenzymated form of folic acid and a more bioavailable alternative in dietary supplements.